- Stay engaged. Avoid Side Conversations and other distractions
- Listen with an open mind. Try to understand others' perspectives
- Consider two or more alternatives simultaneously
- Don't debate-discuss
- Separate facts and opinions: Discuss the facts. Vote your opinion
- Address interests, not positions.
- Move the deliberations forward. Don't repeat what has already been said.
- Judge ideas, not people. Phrase feedback constructively.
- Identify options on which the...
News items of national interest regarding Condominium and Homeowner associations, compiled by the Community Associations Network
The recent murder of a 48-year-old man in Springfield in part over the installation of a speed hump may not be the sole example of violence stemming from neighborhood disagreements that residents would like it to be.