Natural disasters come in many shapes and sizes. It could be a tornado, a flood, Superstorm Sandy, or a wildfire. Regardless of the type of disaster, the devastation and loss is often overwhelming. Nothing can fully prepare someone to handle the emotional impact of a natural disaster. However, with some thought and planning before...
HOAs aren’t immune to violence, and your board has a duty to prevent it. In part one of this two-part series, we explained how to work with local first responders to minimize the risk of workplace and domestic violence at your HOA. Here, in part two, we discuss more common types of violence at HOAs and offer tips for preventing them from exploding.
- Stay engaged. Avoid Side Conversations and other distractions
- Listen with an open mind. Try to understand others' perspectives
- Consider two or more alternatives simultaneously
- Don't debate-discuss
- Separate facts and opinions: Discuss the facts. Vote your opinion
- Address interests, not positions.
- Move the deliberations forward. Don't repeat what has already been said.
- Judge ideas, not people. Phrase feedback constructively.
- Identify options on which the...
All owners have full access to their account ledger using the Homeowner Website online account management. This online tool provides a complete history of all charges and payments on the owner's ledger and also allows owners to make E-Payments. You can learn more about online account management here. Owners...