On Wednesday, December 3 from 11:30 am-2 pm I’ll be speaking on “Hot Legal Topics in Community Management” at the Charlotte Lunch ‘n Learn of the NC Chapter of the Community Associations Institute. The program is at Maggiano’s Little Italy at South Park Mall (4400 Sharon Road) in Charlotte. The cost for the program is $30 for CAI members/$40 for non-members. Topics will include:
- Must your HOA or condominium association have workers’ compensation insurance?
- Are you setting yourself up for a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)?
- What are your obligations under new federal laws as to the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) and the disclosure of Non-Public Personal Information (NPPI)?
- Options for cash-strapped associations.
- Update on 2014 legislation impacting community associations.
- What you need to know about the Wallach v. Linville Owners Association decision.
- Expectations for the upcoming legislative session, including manager licensing, fidelity bonds, audits and more!
If you wish to attend, please register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE at by calling CAI-NC at 919-929-9312, as you must register to attend. Sponsorships are available. Feel free to forward this information to any managers, directors, community members, or others who may be interested. Please also bring a non-perishable food item donation for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina!
Author: Jim Slaughter
Articles have been Reprinted with permission from Black, Slaughter, Black.
* These articles and related content on this website are provided without warranty of any kind and in no way constitute or provide legal advice. You are advised to contact an attorney specializing in Association Management for legal advice related to your specific issue and community. Some articles are provided by thrid parties and online services. Display of these articles does in no way endorse the products or services of Community Association Management by the author(s).