4th of July Facts & Figures
Fireworks and freedom: That’s what America does on the Fourth of July to celebrate the country’s birthday, established with 56 founding fathers’ pen strokes on the Declaration of Independence in 1776. We also eat a whole lot of hotdogs: 150 million in total. We make a toast or two to freedom and good old Uncle Sam, shelling out more than $1.4 billion on July Fourth beer and wine. And we travel, with nearly 48 million of us planning to venture 50+ miles from home this year. Though celebrations were subdued during the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the vaccine has paved the way for people to observe the holiday normally this year.
Even though July 4, 2022 marks America’s 247th birthday, there’s still a lot to learn about this red, white and blue anniversary. To help fill you in and pump up your patriotism, we put together an awesome infographic filled with 4th of July fun facts. We also polled a panel of experts for some added insight into Independence Day. You can check it all out below.
Key 4th of July Facts:
- $7.7 Billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on 4th of July food.
- 150 Million: Number of hot dogs eaten each 4th of July.
- $1.4+ Billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on 4th of July beer and wine.
- $2.4+ Billion: Estimated amount spent on fireworks in 2021 (66% of fireworks injuries occur within a month of July 4).
- $6.9 Million: Value of American flags imported annually.
- 47.9 Million: Number of people who travel 50+ miles from home for the 4th of July.
Do you want to vet a business opportunity? Is there an anticipated commercial dispute? Is a second legal opinion warranted? Grab 15 minutes with me, and I will work with you to understand your situation and provide my thoughts based upon successfully representing business owners for almost 25 years. You will receive a confirmation with a Teams Meeting invitation after you pick a time for our discussion. You can also reach out to me at email@example.com.
ABOUT MIKE MERCURIO
Michael N. Mercurio is a leading attorney in the field of mergers and acquisitions (M&A). He serves as outside general counsel in buy-side and sell-side M&A, as well as in all business law and real estate law matters. As a strategic partner to firm clients, Mr. Mercurio regularly counsels entrepreneurial individuals and assorted entities on the many challenges, issues, and opportunities companies face throughout the business lifecycle—from start-up to eventual exit.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. With 17 offices and nearly 250 lawyers who counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice, Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration. For more information, visit www.offitkurman.com.
DELAWARE | MARYLAND | NEW JERSEY | NEW YORK | NORTH CAROLINA | PENNSYLVANIA |SOUTH CAROLINA | VIRGINIA | WASHINGTON, DC
Author: Michael Mercurio, Esq.
Articles have been Reprinted with permission from the charlotte observer and Mike Hunter.
* These articles and related content on this website are provided without warranty of any kind and in no way constitute or provide legal advice. You are advised to contact an attorney specializing in Association Management for legal advice related to your specific issue and community. Some articles are provided by thrid parties and online services. Display of these articles does in no way endorse the products or services of Community Association Management by the author(s).